By Angel Kwiatkowski
One of the keys to a successful coworking environment is conversation, collaboration and interaction with other coworkers. Hopefully you’ve tapped into the amazing resources and brains that surround you and have discovered ways that coworking helps your small business. But have you also asked the host at your coworking community for their help and expertise?
Whatever it’s called at your coworking space—community manager, community animator, host/hostess—there are more resources in your coworking space than you might imagine. Whether you have recently joined a coworking space or have been coworking since the dawn of time, don’t neglect the fantastic resource that is your host.
So, what might you ask your coworking space host? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Can you recommend a good (accountant/lawyer/executive coach/etc.)?
- May I run this (demo/logo design/ad slogan/etc.) by you for honest feedback?
- Could we brainstorm for 10 minutes about my new project?
- Do you know any local meet-up groups or events related to my field?
- How would you respond to a client in this situation?
- Do you know any other coworkers or people in the community that I could collaborate with on this project?
- Would you be willing to host a seminar/workshop about (contracting/managing tough clients/easy small business accounting/etc.)?
Your coworking host will bring their own experiences and skills to the table (and likely the feedback & war stories they’ve heard from other independents and freelancers as well!). Although they may not be able to answer all of your questions, chances are good that he or she can point you in a helpful direction. So go ahead—ask your coworking host to help you grow YOUR business!
Share with us: Do you have a story about how a coworking host has helped you in your business? Tell us in the comments!
Image Credit: Flicker – SMJJP